The painting of the house or other spaces is something that fascinates many people. Although time, patient, knowledge and appropriate methodology are required. Tetralux provides some advice and opinions that helps you paint more easily, cleanly and quickly.
For a perfect result we should create a stable and high adhesion substrate to the wall, so that the color ties well with the wall surface. .
- Before we start painting we have to know the material that was used on the surface.
- If the wall is painted with emulsion paint use emulsion paint.
- If the wall is painted with ydrochroma use ydrochroma.
- If we use emulsion paint on ydrochroma because these materials are incompatible in a future painting there will be a lot of parings of the surface.
- Dip the roll in the bucket without immerse it all in the paint.
- Stir well the paint in the container in order to avoid form a skin on the surface and have the same color on the wall.
- Never leave middly painted walls or other surfaces.
- The container should be closed during the painting.
This is necessary for old and new surfaces.
- If the wall is painted with an emulsion paint on ydrochroma the results will be shown on the next painting.
- If we want to paint emulsion paint on ydrochroma we have to use waterbased primer. Tetradur
- This is necessary for old and new surfaces.
- To see the material that the wall is painted wet your finger and rub the surface.
- If the color comes out to your finger or muddy, its almost certain that is painted with low quality ydrochroma.
- If this doesn't happen and as we touch the wet finger the color of the wall gets darker, then the surface is painted with better quality ydrochroma or a mixture with emulsion paint. χρώμα.
- Once we determine the used material we use the same.
- Choose roll and brush of good quality.
- If you want to make a break don't wash your tools.
- Put them in a closed bug with the paint.
- They will be wet and ready to use.
- Before you start painting the tools must be wet.
- Dip 1/3 of the brush hair in the paint and shake it in the container in order to take away the extra paint.
- Try not to drag the brush on the container edges as this could remove a lot of paitn from the brush.
- When you are using a brush the movement of your hand must me long, distant and smooth.
- If there is a lot of paint on the wall smooth it with the brush.
- Do not run the brush from the same point many times because the paints are waterbased and they dry quickly, so it is possible to create brush lines.
- On the contrary when you are using enamel paints several passes are required in order to pave the color.
- Use as a base one lighter shade in order to have better hiding.
- For some yellow or red shades 3 or 4 layers may be needed.
- Follow the dilution instructions on the containers usually are : 5 % - 10% water or solvent for enamel paints.
- Stir well before and during the painting.
- Clean with the brush the paint that stucks on the edges of the container during the mixing at the paint store.
- If you are going to use some shade use a bigger container so the residues of the original container do not affect the final color.
- Also when it comes to use more than one vessel in each space , it is preferable to initially mix them in a larger container to avoid duotone.
The order that you are using in painting of your room helps your work to become faster and more efficient.
If you are painting the whole room start from the ceiling and then the walls.
1st Step : Cuts.
Start from a corner of the ceiling and paint with a brush 2,5-3 cm from the union of the ceiling and the walls, painting a strip of 3cm.
2nd Step : Ceiling painting.
With gentle movements back-forth of the brush remove the big quantity of paint in the container in order to avoid dripping on the wall, on you and to the floor.
Start to paint from the corner that you have made the cuts rolling with steady movements across and along the ceiling.
The second hand is better to be applied towards the windows that have light, to cover the defects of the application .
Use extension pole to make painting of the ceiling more relaxed.
3rd Step : Cuts again.
Since the ceiling is dried start to paint from the corner you have started and with the brush paint-cut the paint of the wall across the union of the wall and the ceiling.
If you can’t draw a straght line, after 4-8 hours that the ceiling has dried use paper tape to ensure straight cuts.
Continue with the cuts on the corner of the walls and the skirting boards. If you are two persons available for the room painting, distribute roles, so one paints with the roll and the other paints-cuts with the brush.
4th Step : Wall painting.
Start paint from the corner of the wall and while taking pain from the bucket apply on the wall making a V or a W to spread evenly the paint and then scrolling to feel the gaps in the shape of letters.
The glossy or not surfaces of metal must first be sanded lightly with a fine sandpaper 120-150-180 ( depending on the surface ) to ensure suitable conditions of paint adhesion.
After sanding with a damp cloth with solvent clean the surface of any of emery sandpaper or soiling the surface so that it is ready for painting.
* Certainly remove any cracked – skinned metal pieces in railing or elsewhere.
If necessary puttied these points rub with sandpaper and tey are ready for paint.
- Do not paint when the temperature is below than 10oC.
- See the weather conditions. A rain can damage the freshly painted color.
- Check that the surfaces that are going to be painted are dry & apply paper around the room.
- Scrape any loose areas or bloating of the wall with a spatula and place solvent based primer Tetradur
- The drying time for the solvent based primer thin on the wall or plaster must be at least 24 hours .
- Been filled in items that left the paint and sandpaper to any smooth surface of the wall.
When you are going to paint exterior walls start from the shady side because on the side that has sun paint dries faster and can create blisters that later develop into cracks.
Paint from top to bottom, first painting parapets, welts around windows and doors.